My Super Secret (Perfected) Butterbeer Recipe

August 13, 2018

It pains me a little to do this, but I'm sharing with you the best homemade Butterbeer that you can make. I have perfected my recipe through trial and error the last four years and I'm giving away all of my secrets for your next Potter party!

INGREDIENTS:

This is for a party-size serving.

  • (2) 2 Liter Bottle of Cream Soda - any brand is fine
  • (1) Tub of Extra Creamy CoolWhip

And my super secret ingredient -

  • Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel:


DIRECTIONS:

1. I like to put some cream soda into an ice cube tray and freeze it ahead of time. This ensures that the Butterbeer stays cold without getting watered down with regular ice. - Optional, but you can also blend the ice cubes into the Butterbeer to get a more slush-like consistency.

With a hand mixer:

2. Pour both bottles of cream soda into a large bowl.
3. Slowly add in Mrs Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel, 17 oz - this is not an exact science. I usually will taste it along the way, but I tend to put about half of a bottle (I never said this was a diet-friendly recipe!).
4. Blend thoroughly with a hand mixer. Make sure that you get the caramel along the edges.
5. Optional: add some CoolWhip into the bowl and mix it as well - this creates extra foam, which everyone knows is the best part of Butterbeer!
6. Add CoolWhip into the serving bowl when the party begins. It will slowly melt, making sure that there is consistent foam and adding to the taste.

With a blender:

2. Pour both bottles of cream soda (or as much as you can fit) into a blender.
3. Slowly add in Mrs Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel, 17 oz - this is not an exact science. I usually will taste it along the way, but I tend to put about half of a bottle (I never said this was a diet-friendly recipe!).
4. Use the blend button to mix the drink thoroughly. Even with my Ninja blender, I often have to stop and use a knife to scrape the caramel off of the edges.
5. Optional: add some CoolWhip into the bowl and mix it as well - this creates extra foam, which everyone knows is the best part of Butterbeer!
6. Add CoolWhip into the serving bowl when the party begins. It will slowly melt, making sure that there is consistent foam and adding to the taste.




When putting your Butterbeer into your cup, add some CoolWhip on top and drizzle caramel over it. It may be a little messy, but it is so yummy.



Butterbeer floats (with vanilla bean ice cream!) are also very delicious!

If you use my recipe, I'd love to hear how it goes! I love how simple it is and how many variations there can be with just a few tweaks. Happy Harry Potter-ing!

Yours truly,
McKay


You Might Also Like

0 comments